Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Encouraged.


I was told lately that I have a very appreciative laugh and at first I didn’t know how to take that. I didn’t know if they thought that I was an easy laugh and hence didn’t have a refined since of humor because let’s be honest … we all know that isn’t true … But they informed me that my laugh and easily amused sense of humor made them feel funny and they liked it. So I took my appreciative laugh as a good thing.

This is on my mind because this past weekend I took a road trip up to Virginia to hang out with a friend from the summer camp because it was our fall break. It was some quality man-time filled with ping-pong, Frisbee golf, movies, football and most importantly a lot of laughter.

On my way home, as I was listening to some podcasts, I got to thinking about how much I really enjoy laughing. I like being around people that make me laugh and I enjoy making people laugh. I get encouraged by it. So I guess that it is a good thing that I live in a community where laughter is a daily part of our lives. I love this place because we study the Bible, we love Jesus and we have fun while we do it!

*** As a side note the lectures from this year are now posted on the ESBS web-site. So if you want to listen and maybe learn something here is the link http://www.esbsonline.org/media/audio-2012-13/ ***

No comments:

Post a Comment