Friday, September 21, 2012

Things I've Learned.


As I walked to go get my breakfast and coffee this morning, my mind started wander and I just got to thinking about things that I have learned or observed about my life over the past month or so and thus it became the inspiration for this post.

I have really missed Texas Country music and I have been more than happy to set Randy Rogers as my Pandora station.

Poopie diapers are not as bad as I thought they were ... September 19th, 2012 is a day that will go down in the record books as the day I first changed a diaper with #2 in it thanks to Luke Phillips.

Coffee without Splenda and flavored creamer doesn’t taste good … I don’t care if it ends up destroying my insides … It’s the only way I can drink it.

Fall may be my favorite season ... The weather outside is amazing and the leaves will start to change in a couple of weeks!

I love skyping my sister and nephew ... It brightens up my day to hear “DANGER!” said over the computer by an almost 2 year old. 

My parents were right … I am supposed to be a teacher. I really enjoy teaching. I wasn’t nervous while I taught, but while I stood up to speak it felt like a really safe and peaceful place for me to be.

I have a messed up back ...  I went to the chiropractor finally and its never good when you lay on your stomach and when the dr looks at your back and says “Oh this isn’t good.” So I get to make the trip to go see her a couple of times a week for a while to try and fix me.

I don’t think I am going to grow out of my kid phase of life ... I have two large Styrofoam cut outs of Thor and Ironman in my room and I may or may not give them high-fives or fist bumps when I walk by them.

I love going to the top of the climbing wall at camp to look at God’s creation in order to remind myself how small I really am.

I never knew that a simple game of Ping Pong, or “Table Tennis” for you more refined individuals, could brighten up my day ... Another staff member and I are keeping a tally sheet of all the games we have played and as of today through 5 weeks of games I am up 36-18. I am doing research to try to find a tournament to play in somewhere in North Carolina.

My beard is weak but my mustache is strong. 

1 comment: