Friday, August 10, 2012

Summers Gone


Yesterday was the first day at camp without any summer camp staff here and it was kind of nice, but at the same time sad and lonely. I enjoy the quiet, but I also miss the noise. The summer went bye in a flash and I think I will be reflecting and dissecting what all God did in my heart for weeks to come. 

Through all of the sweat, tears, lightening drills, Frisbee and laughs I have come out of this summer with some awesome friends. I can honestly say that I enjoyed and looked forward to coming to camp everyday, not because of the work that was done, but because of the people that I got to do that work with. It was such a privilege to be here this summer and be surrounded by people that love Jesus and are willing and wanting to show that love to those around them. The friendships built this summer have left me encouraged to continue to teach the Gospel message and invest in those around me. They have also challenged me to live out the Gospel in every area of my life, something that I often lose sight of.

I am so thankful for the rejuvenation that this summer has brought and I am ready to meet the students as they arrive this weekend for the new school year.

ESBS 2012 – “Are you ready for this?”

No comments:

Post a Comment