Sunday, August 19, 2012

New School. New Goals. Same God.

The Emmaus School of Biblical Studies Class of 2013

This past week was the first week of the new ESBS school year and things are off to a good start! We have 9 students and I am excited to be in community with them this year. As we have started to get to know each other I started to notice a common theme running through my conversations. I kept on stating my goals for the year. Some of them are serious, while others are just fun. So the other day while I was journaling I wrote out my goals for the year and I decided to blog about it so that you can hold me accountable for it.

So here are the goals for the year:
- I want to take my relationship with God more seriously. I want to be more intentional about how I live and interact with God each day.
- I want to exercise more.
- I want to go rock climbing and push the limits of my comfort zone. (Life can be boring if you just want to stay where you are comfortable.)
- I want to fast more. (I wrote down 1 time per week, and I hope I stick to that)
- I want to continue to play a lot of ping pong.
- I want to be discipled and grow stronger relationships with the men around me.
- I want to read more. At least read for a little bit each day of non-school books.
- I want to become more of a man. I want to make tough man decisions. (Its time to do some growing up.)
- I want to blog more. (I have been reading a friends blog and they just write these short blurbs and I like their style. I want to do that more instead of writing these long essays that I usually write.)
- I want to love and respect those around me with my actions. And take accountability for the times that I mess up.
- I want to do a back flip on land.
- I want to stand up on a wakeboard.
- I want to disciple well.
- I want to pray and sit before the Lord, so that I can listen to His leading.

I am excited about the next 10 months and the adventures that the new school year will bring. I am excited to see how God is going to work in the lives of the students and staff. I am excited for the students to see God more clearly. I hope that their lives are changed like mine has been. I hope that God will reveal himself in the same way that He revealed himself to me and the other students that have come through this program. I hope this year will be one that strengthens their relationship with God and a lot of fun along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment