Thursday, January 10, 2013

Playing Catch Up.


This is me playing catch up with my updates.

Christmas was really good. It was great to spend time with my family and to see friends who I dearly miss. I loved having time to see my parents, brother, sister-in-law, sister, brother-in-law and nephew. Christmas for me was a really joyful and relaxing time. I got to play golf with my dad a couple of times and hang out with my 2-year-old nephew a whole bunch. (Sorry family but as everyone knows, the baby gets the most publicity.)

My family also went out to the hill country to see our really good friends. The occasion was a tailgating wedding shower (that’s how we do it in Texas) for a family friend and it was so good to see friends that I haven’t seen in a while. We ate good food and laughed a whole lot.

I got back to North Carolina in time to spend New Year’s with friends from camp in Charlotte. I love spending time with the camp family.

The holidays were a rush and it was a struggle to get back into the grove of school. We started on the 2nd and are moving our way through the Old Testament. I love this part of the year because the students are reading the Old Testament like they never have before. They are seeing the Character of God painted all over the pages of the OT, even in books like Leviticus and Numbers. It is truly a blessing from God that he has given us this time to study and see who He really is.

I loved being back in Texas, but being back here in North Carolina I really feel like this is where I am supposed to be and I want to make the most of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment