Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Eating Crow.


So you know there are those things in life that you say you will never do, but then someday you end up doing it and actually enjoy it? You declare to everyone that you will never go skydiving or on a boat and then when you do you secretly love it; but you hesitate to tell everyone because you remember how you stated with fierceness that you would never do that and then gave reasons why … Ya that’s where I’m living these days and I am writing this so that I can publicly confess and eat some crow.

So to start off small, in high school I stated that I would NEVER become a teacher because I didn’t want to go back to school if I didn’t have to … We all know how that one ended up. Also in high school I declared that Texas was the only place for me … I think I have mountain withdraws when I stay inside for a day.

But the big confession is … I have a Twitter account … and an iPhone (say those last two statements in a rough whisper because that’s what I did when I typed them). Two years ago I deleted my Facebook account because I just felt (1) like God had asked me to focus on him while I was studying the Bible and to really press into getting to know him and (2) that it was a distraction from real life. So for that past two years I have stated, not so quietly stated in fact, that I didn’t really like social media. And while I haven’t missed it at all, I thought that it would be fun and it is quite entertaining.

I also vowed to never get an iPhone, but I was due for an upgrade and it was 99 cents. So I caved.

So this is me eating some crow and declaring that I am enjoying some things I said I would never do. The End. 

2 comments:

  1. hold the phone (ha, its punny!) you have a twitter?!
    annnd an i phone???

    hope that crow tastes delicious.

    ReplyDelete