Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving.


This Thanksgiving was my first one spent away from my family in Texas. I made the 2-hour journey to Charlotte to celebrate my thankfulness with my Uncle Tim, Aunt Mary and cousins Julia, Victoria and Josh. It was sad not to be spending it with my parents and our friends, but it was great to spend time with the NC Buwicks. If you know anything about my mom’s side of the family … this week was full of the three L’s – laughter, love and loud noises.

We had a fun Thanksgiving Day. It started with an 8k (5 mile) run, complete with turkey headbands for the cousins and an Indian headdress for Uncle Tim. (We were one short so I gave mine to Julia and went with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle bandana.) My feet fell asleep at mile 3, but ain’t nobody got time to stop! The run was painful and I think my legs are still sore. I guess this is what happens when you don’t run for over a month or two. After the nightmare was over we had our turkey dinner and watched some good football.

One of my favorite things about coming to Charlotte is the one thing you can always count on when you walk into the Buwick household is there will be an on slot of games. The big game this trip was Boggle and you know you are a Buwick relative when you get worked up over Boggle. I went to sleep on Friday night kicking myself over not seeing the words “failed”, “nailed” and “fanned” in our games … they cost me the win.

It was a fun trip and I am so thankful for my family. I am thankful for the love that is in their houses and for their encouragement and support. I love you all very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment