Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Operation Complete!

So I literally just turned in my last assignment as a student at the ESBS about 30 seconds ago. We finished up our studying of the Bible with the book of Ecclesiastes and I think that it was a great one to end on because it wrapped up the whole year. Throughout the book, the author talks how he tried to find meaning and all of these different things, but ends the book with the fact that the true meaning of life is knowing God and obeying his commands. I think that it really sums up what we have learned this year at the ESBS. This year really has showed me the importance of knowing God and living by his commands because it gave me a godly worldview and it showed me to consider the things of God in every aspect of life. The truth that trying to find the meaning of life in wisdom, pleasure and work is meaningless because it can only be found in God is one that really impacted me. This truth really just made me sit back and think about what life is really about and I came to the conclusion that true life is found in knowing God. I think that this is something more to this idea than just knowing his story and how Jesus died for us, but “knowing God” never really ends because we as humans will never be able to fully know him. I think that this is awesome because our meaning to life will never be done, but there will always be something more to seek after and desire. This is something that really encourages me as I move into the role as a staff member here because it shows me that even though I have gone through the school I still have much to learn. I want to make sure that I keep this attitude and desire to learn because that is really the only way that I will continue to grow.

I am so grateful that God has blessed me with this year to come and just learn his word. I feel like I have grown in so many ways, but I feel like that this school is just the tip of the iceberg. I am ready for a Summer break, but I can't wait to come back and August and walk through God's story again!

1 comment: